• Bibliography on Evaluating Internet Resources
• Evaluating Web Sites for Educational Uses: Bibliography and Checklist
• Guidelines for evaluating internet information
• Critical Evaluation Surveys for internet resources
A series of evaluation surveys, one each at the elementary, middle, and secondary school levels. Also links to many other evaluation resources.
• Web Site Evaluation Guidelines from Ed’s Oasis
• Internet Detective
An interactive tutorial which provides an introduction to the issues of information quality on the Internet and teaches the skills required to evaluate critically the quality of an Internet resource. Free, but requires registration.
• ERIC Digest — Evaluating Online Educational Materials for use in Instruction (1999)
• ERIC Digest — Evaluation of World Wide Web Sites: An Annotated Bibliography (1998)
• ERIC Digest — Guidelines for Evaluating Web Sites (1998)
School library media specialist discussion.
To subscribe, address an e-mail message in the following manner:
SUBSCRIBE LM_NET YourFirstName YourLastName
Searchable archives: https://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/
• WebTalk/Web Author
Discussion on integrating the World Wide Web into teaching curricula.
You can subscribe to this list at the following URL: http://www.teachers.net/mailrings/
Check the box for Web Talk/Web Author located in the Tech Center section, enter your e-mail, and press the Subscribe button.