• National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
These standards are provided by the National Coalition for Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
• Family and Consumer Science Resources Online
Curriculum resources for home economics teachers. Areas include fashion, textiles, and crafts; career planning and management; child development and parenting; consumer and family economics; family living; food science, nutrition, and technology; housing and interior design. Also includes a bulletin board for posting questions and sharing ideas.
• National Institute for Consumer Education: Educational Materials
Includes several mini-lessons, online resources, and full-text publications.
• Financial Literacy Begins at School
This article from Education World includes five lesson plans and links to additional online resources.
• American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
National organization for family and consumer sciences professionals including elementary, secondary, and post-secondary educators and administrators; cooperative extension educators; and other professionals in government, business and the nonprofit organizations.
1555 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Tel: (703) 706-4600
Fax: (703) 706-4663
• National Insitute for Consumer Education
G 12 Boone Hall
Eastern Michigan University
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Phone: (734) 487-2292
Fax: (734) 487-7153
• Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (formerly Future Homemakers of America)
National student organization that serves and supports family and consumer sciences education.
1910 Association Drive
Reston, VA 20191-1584
Fax-on-demand: (800) 636-8646
Tel: (703) 476-4900
• National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
625 E. County Road Y Suite 600
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Tel: (920) 232-1973
Fax: (920) 424-1277