• Affirmative Action and the College Admissions Process
This site from the Princeton Review provides a short overview of the role of affirmative action in college admissions. The intended audience is college applicants, but the overview would be helpful for anyone interested in exploring the topic.
• Affirmative Action in Higher Education
A list of online research reports on affirmative action and diversity in college admissions produced by The Civil Rights Project at Harvard University.
• Socioeconomic Status, Race/Ethnicity, and Selective College Admissions (March 2003)
“This paper seeks to expand the traditional debate over race and ethnicity in selective admissions by analyzing the issue of whether low-income students, too, should benefit from affirmative action policies.” Produced by The Century Foundation.
• Making the Case for Affirmative Action in Higher Education (1998)
This affirmative action resource from the American Council on Education examines threats to affirmative action in higher education. It also provides an overview of why affirmative action works and counters arguments offered by critics.
• Diversity and Affirmative Action in Higher Education
Resources compiled by the American Association of University Professors.
• Washington Post
Affirmative Action Special Report
Article about Affirmative Action, and the politics behind debate on the subject
• Yahoo!> U.S. Full Coverage> Affirmative Action Debate
Links to news stories from various publications about Affirmative Action
• American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
Press releases and position papers on Affirmative Action in education.
• American Association for Affirmative Action
1600 Duke Street, Suite 700
Alexandria, VA 22314
Toll-free: (800) 252-8952
Phone: (202) 429-1999
Fax (703) 299-8822