• Informed Librarian Online
A current awareness service that provides monthly compilation of tables of contents from over 275 library and information science journals and newsletters worldwide. Many of the articles are available in full text. Requires a free subscription.
• Directory of Institutions Offering Accredited Master’s Programs in Library and Information Studies
This directory provides information on U.S. and Canadian programs, distance learning opportunities, and guidelines for choosing a master’s progam in Library and Information Studies. Provided by the American Library Association.
• LOEX Clearinghouse for Library Instruction
LOEX (Library Orientation Exchange) is a self-supporting, non-profit educational clearinghouse for materials used in library instruction.
• Distance Education for Library and Information Science
Lists Master’s level programs available via distance education.
• ALA Office of Accreditation
“The purpose of the ALA Office for Accreditation is to provide leadership in the development of standards for accreditation and to develop and maintain procedures for the implementation of the ALA accreditation function.”
• ALISE Library and Information Science Education Statistical Report
“A compilation and analysis of statistical data and information about graduate library and information science education programs in ALISE Institutional members.”
• The Panda Syndrome: An Ecology of LIS Education (1996)
“The fundamental changes that are shaping the future environment of LIS educational programs are explored in the context of two overlapping ecosystems, the rapidly changing information universe in which the LIS profession operates and the university settings in which the LIS educational programs are housed.”
Open Library/Information Science Education Forum.
To subscribe, address an e-mail message in the following manner:
In the body: sub JESSE YourFirstName YourLastName
• Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE)
11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 8
Reston, VA 20190-5202