• The Nation’s Report Card: Parents’ Guide to NAEP
This publication is one of a series of outreach brochures for various audiences in NAEP. This brochure describes the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) to parents and provides them contact information if they have further questions about NAEP.
• Practice Test Questions
This resource from ETS includes practice questions for the SAT I and II, GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, and TOEFL.
• Secrets of the SAT (Frontline)
FRONTLINE’s “Secrets of the SAT” examines the national obsession over the SAT and the controversy over its fairness, reliability and impact on racial diversity on campus.
• 5000 SAT Preparation Words
5000 vocabulary words, with brief definitions, are listed on this site; permission is granted for free individual and/or classroom use.
• FairTest: The National Center for Fair and Open Testing
FairTest is an advocacy organization working to end the abuses, misuses and flaws of standardized testing and ensure that evaluation of students and workers is fair, open, and educationally sound.
• College Board Online
45 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10023-6992
• GED Testing Service Publications
Directory of publications about the GED
• ERIC Digest: Helping Children Master the Tricks and Avoid the Traps of Standardized Tests (1999)
• Parent Brochure: What Should Parents Know About Standardized Testing in Schools?
One tool that schools use to learn about students is the standardized test. This brochure explains basic features of these tests and suggests questions you might ask your child’s teacher about testing. Understanding the role of testing will help you to enable your child to succeed in school and to develop a better relationship between your family and your child’s school.