• Manual to Combat Truancy (July 1996)
This manual was prepared by the U.S. Department of Education in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Justice.
• Truancy – First Step to a Lifetime of Problems (October 1996)
This Bulletin is one of a series of OJJDP Bulletins focusing on strategies in the Youth Out of the Education Mainstream (YOEM) initiative. YOEM is a joint effort of the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention and the Safe and Drug-Free Schools Program, U.S. Department of Education. (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
• Truancy Prevention Resources
A list of organizations around the country with truancy prevention and intervention program (includes contact information).
• Reducing Crime and Supporting Education Through a Comprehensive Truancy Reduction Strategy
Investigates truancy in Memphis and suggests a comprehensive “best practices” approach to solving it.
• ERIC Digest: Student Truancy (1999)
• ERIC Digest: Urban Policies and Programs To Reduce Truancy (1997)