|Printer friendly text
Home > Teaching
Responses | Internet
Sites | Online
* Do you have any resources on classroom management?
* Managing Culturally Diverse Classrooms
"The researchers all seem
to agree that in today's diverse classrooms, teachers and administrators must
take time to understand the differences among cultures, listen to students to
gain an understanding of some of the root causes of perceived misbehavior, and
ensure fairness and dignity among all students."
* Class Meetings: A Democratic Approach to Classroom
Teacher Donna Styles established a format for class meetings
that enabled her students to share their thoughts and solve classroom issues on
their own. In Styles's model, students take turns acting as a discussion leader,
while the teacher promotes a respectful atmosphere and participates as a group
* Classroom Management
Includes resources for effective classroom
management and discipline strategies.
* Works4Me Tips Library - Managing Your Classroom
for attendance, behavior control, prevention, staying ahead, and inclusion.
* Discipline Help: You Can Handle Them All
An index of solutions for handling 117 misbehaviors including a description of the behavior, its effects, and common
mistakes that may perpetuate the problem.
* Teacher Talk - What is Your Classroom Management Profile?
12 questions are designed to help teachers determine if their classroom
management style is authoritarian, authoritative. laissez-faire, or indifferent.
* Schoolwide and Classroom Discipline
From NWREL's School
Improvement Research Series
* Discipline and School Safety
A number of resources on discipline
and school safety from the American Federation of Teachers.
* Do Seating Arrangements and Assignments = Classroom
This article from Education World includes advice and
opinions on classroom arrangements and seating assignments.
* Creating a Climate for Learning: Effective Classroom Management
This Education World article includes "twelve teacher-tested
tips for behavior management."
* ProTeacher - Classroom Management Resources
* Classroom Management Topics
Several online articles on behavior
and discipline from teachnet.com.
* School Discipline and Classroom Management: A Bibliography
bibliography covers the publications of authors of some of the major discipline
* ERIC Digest -- Working with Shy or Withdrawn Students (1996)
* Classroom Management Chatboard at Teachers.net
board is for discussions related to classroom management.
This page is maintained by:
Jeff Zachwieja, Reference &
Electronic Services Librarian
Marygrove College Library