|Printer friendly text|
Librarian Education & Continuing Education
* Do you have any information about librarian education?
* Informed Librarian Online
A current awareness service that provides monthly compilation of tables of contents from over 275
library and information science journals and newsletters worldwide. Many of the articles are
available in full text. Requires a free subscription.
* Directory of Institutions Offering Accredited Master's Programs in Library and Information
This directory provides information on U.S. and Canadian programs, distance learning
opportunities, and guidelines for choosing a master's progam in Library and Information Studies.
Provided by the American Library Association.
* LOEX Clearinghouse for Library Instruction
LOEX (Library Orientation Exchange) is a self-supporting, non-profit educational clearinghouse for
materials used in library instruction.
* Distance Education for Library and Information Science
Lists Master's level programs available via distance education.
* ALA Office of Accreditation
"The purpose of the ALA Office for Accreditation is to provide leadership in the development of
standards for accreditation and to develop and maintain procedures for the implementation of the ALA
* ALISE Library and Information Science Education Statistical Report
"A compilation and analysis of statistical data and information about graduate library and information
science education programs in ALISE Institutional members."
* The Panda Syndrome: An Ecology of LIS Education (1996)
"The fundamental changes that are shaping the future environment of LIS educational programs are
explored in the context of two overlapping ecosystems, the rapidly changing information universe in
which the LIS profession operates and the university settings in which the LIS educational programs are
Open Library/Information Science Education Forum.
To subscribe, address an e-mail message in the following manner:
In the body: sub JESSE YourFirstName YourLastName
* Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE)
11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 8
Reston, VA 20190-5202
This page is maintained by:
Nadine Cohen-Baker, Reference Librarian
Student Learning Center, University of Georgia
Back to Top