|Printer friendly text|
Archived Responses |
* How can I help motivate my students?
* Engaging Schools: Fostering High School Students' Motivation to Learn (2003)
This report examines "how curriculum, instruction, and the organization of schools can promote
involvement of urban youth in the academic program and the broader school community, also taking into
account influences such as peer culture, family, and community resources."
* How Can Teachers Develop Students' Motivation -- and Success?
An interview with Carol Dweck, professor of psychology at Columbia University, about the role of motivation in learning.
* Tools for Teaching: Motivating Students
Identifies teaching strategies to promote learning and enhance student motivation.
* Increasing Student Engagement and Motivation: From Time-on-Task to Homework (October 2000)
This booklet offers practical strategies to help teachers promote student engagement in learning.
Provided by the Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory.
* Hard Work and High Expectations: Motivating Students to Learn (June 1992)
The conference on Hard Work and High Expectations brought together prominent researchers who addressed the topic of student motivation from different social, cultural, and instructional perspectives. Summaries of the critical elements of their findings and conclusions are incorporated in this booklet; summaries of selected papers are included at the end.
* School Improvement Research Series - Instructional Reinforcement
* What Do Students Want (And What Really Motivates Them)?
This articles is from the September 1995 issue of "Educational Leadership".
* General Principles of Motivation
Lists the basic principles of motivation applicable to any learning situation.
* Punished by Rewards: An Interview with Alfie Kohn
"As the author of
Punished By Rewards: The Trouble with Gold Stars, Incentive Plans, A's, Praise, and Other Bribes
, Kohn has ardently spoken out against incentive plans to encourage good grades and behavior. familyeducation.com editor Ann Svensen spoke with Mr. Kohn about why this reward-based mentality is harming our kids."
* Math Forum: Bibliography - Student Motivation in Math
An annotated bibliography on student motivation created by Liza Ewen.
* ERIC Digest - Student Motivation To Learn (1994)
* ERIC Digest - School Leadership and Student Motivation (1992)
Back to Top