|Printer friendly text|
* Can you help me find information on child care?
* National Institute of Child Health & Human Development - Study of Early Child Care (SECC) and
"The most comprehensive child care study conducted to date to determine how variations in child care are
related to children's development."
* Frequently Asked Questions from the National Child Care Information Center
Includes information on Starting a child care facility, Choosing a Child Care Provider, Child care demographics, more.
* Child Care Aware
Includes tips on choosing child care and a searchable directory of child care providers across the country.
Tel: 1-800-424-2246; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Child Care for Young Children: Demographics
Information provided by the Child Care Bureau at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
* Child Care Information by State
This site includes the name and contact information for each state agency that regulates child care.
Provided by the National Network for Child Care.
* Child Care Statistics from the U.S. Census Bureau
* The Child Care Nutrition Resource System
This site is for child care providers and includes information on recipes, resources, preparing
nutritions meals, and food safety.
* Necessary Compromises
Public Agenda's latest study examines the attitudes of parents with young
children, employers, and children's advocates on the issue of child care and what society should do
* Financing Child Care in the United States: An Expanded Catalog of Current Strategies (2001)
"This catalog was developed to share information on innovative financing strategies that are
successfully funding child care in the United States." Available as a pdf document.
* Child Care Expenses of America's Families
"This paper uses a recent survey—the 1997 National Survey of America’s Families, or NSAF—to look at the
child care expenses of working families with children under age 13." Published by the Urban
* Child Care Cost Quality and Outcomes Study
A major study of more than 800 preschool children begun in 1993 and followed the children through
second grade. This web site summarizes the study and results (includes a lengthy executive summary with
* Children's Health: Child Care
Presents information for parents of young children from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the
Centers for Disease Control. Use the next arrow at the bottom of the list to navigate through this
* Family Child Care Providers and Parents Chat
"Enter a real time chat room to share thoughts and info about child care and parenting. Use the menu to locate articles and other resources."
* National Child Care Information Center
243 Church Street, NW, 2nd Floor
Vienna, VA 22180
* U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Administration of Children, Youth and Families
Child Care Bureau
Switzer Building, Room 2046
330 C Street, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20447
Phone: (202) 690-6782
Fax: (202) 690-5600
Back to Top